This example method statement for block and beam flooring contains basic risk reduction and safe work method steps:-
- Banksman Present during works
- No non-authorized persons allowed on site during lifting operations
- Propriety lifting devices used if available
- Slings to be checked and certified
- Trained operatives will only be allowed to carry out these operations
- Warning signs erected
- Personal Protective Equipment to be worn at all times.
- Manual handling to be adhered to.
Risk Assessments that are required:-
- Lifting Operations
- Manual handling
- Plant Movement
Safe Work Method of Works:-
- The walls that will receive the beams will be checked for dimension/levels by a competent person.
- The beams will be placed in a suitable area when delivered to the site to enable a short or zero distance to transport beams on site.
- Each beam will be laid in accordance with the design and manufactures installation guide.
- Line and level of each beam to be checked as positioned.
- Blocks will installed at each end of beams to check fitting of blocks is as per spec.
- If available a propriety lifting device will be used, if not a certified sling/s will be used, this sling is to be checked frequently by trained staff.
- Only a trained slinger will attach and detach beams from the lifting device.
- The beans will be laid in sequence to allow check blocks to be added to confirm item 5.
- One beams have been laid blocks will be inserted as per the specification, care and attention to ensure no cracked or damaged blocks are used.
- Once blocks are in place the screed will be laid according to project design details.
Some Manual Handling Risks and Steps that should be taken to reduce these risks :-
|ActivityWhat is the Hazard?
|Harm:-Who or what?
|What are you already doing?
|Back and other Injury
|No persons to attempt to lift and carry any heavy/outsize item without seeking help.Toolbox talks and training to be provided.
|Assess all routes where items are carried for obstacles or obstructions.
For Building and Construction Related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safety Policies and Manuals Visit our dedicated store HERE