The Steps that can be taken to help reduce the risks are:-Before starting sweeping operations.
- Ensure guards on machinery in place and effective for protection.
- Always wear protective clothing and PPE as required.
- Take extra care on uneven and/or sloping ground especially when crossing gradients.
- No passengers to be carried.
- Secure vehicle during breaks and when unattended.
- Machine not to be left unattended with engine running.
- Controls to be kept free of obstructions.
|Pre Site Machine Preparation
Section B- Johnson Road Sweeper.
The full document is available HERE