Method Statement for Reinforced Concrete Pour
Preparing for the pour
- Pre pour checks and check sheet ( if part of your QA system) must be completed prior to the pour, check line and levels, check the steel reinforcement against the current issued drawings, if you are not experienced then ask the sub or site agent to check this section of work.
- When all formwork has been checked and that support props are correctly installed, check built in items (for example box-outs) then you may sign any relevant QA document giving permission to pour, not after the pour!
- Verify that the calculated M3 and correct concrete grade and slump has been ordered.
- Ensure that the correct method of discharging the concrete has been confirmed (pump ordered if required).
- Check that the concrete delivery vehicles have suitable access and that a Banksman will be available during the pour.
- Check that all persons that will be involved in the work have full personal protective equipment; this should include wellington boots, eye protection, hi-vis vests, gloves and hard hat.
During the pour
- Surveying instrument and level must be set up during the pour, checks are to be made to ensure that the formwork is not moving, or if a problem occurs, adjustments can be carried out.
- It is vital that fillets are checked to ensure a uniform level on structures.
- Slump tests are an important check, ensure that this is done.
- Cubes are to be taken at the correct intervals, and made correctly, ensure that cubes are numbered correctly with the pour location and reference number and that they are stored properly prior to collection by the testing company.
After the pour
- The structure should be checked after the pour, verification of the line and levels, and checking walls are plumb.
- Its good practise to store the coordinates and heights when doing the post pour check to verify position and height against the design, and in addition the as built data will be available. (A QA form for post pour checks should be available).
- Any deviations must be recorded, and should be reported as a non-conformance.
A Full 6 Page Method Statement with references to Blinding, Fixing Reinforcement, Erecting Formwork, Placement of Concrete, Striking of Formwork, scaffolding, and testing + Inspection is available at our Sister site HERE