To install a new kitchen comprising of new units and appliances.
Location of Work Area:
Number 1 Any road, Any town.
Within 2 days of approval to carry out works.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
The works will be carried out within a private home; The client will be on the premises and will be advised of the potential risks:-
Use of power tools, noise, dust, disconnection and connection of existing electric and gas fired stove.
A first aid box will be carried within the vehicle used by the team. The General Foreman carries a valid first aid certificate.
1. Only Trained and Certified Electricians and Gas Fitters will be permitted to disconnect and reconnect the appliances.
2. Power tools will all have safety guards fitted as per manufacturer’s specification.
3. Power tools will be connected to a ground fault circuit interrupter.
4. Protective eye and ear protection will be worn at all times, by all workers.
5. Gloves will be worn at all times where sharp hand tools are used.
6. Manual handling of the new kitchen units, counter top and appliances will be carried out by trained persons.
Health, Safety and Environmental Assessments:
Refer to any relevant assessments (mainly used in the building and civil engineering industries.)
Refer to any other relevant assessments, If chemicals are to be used then COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) assessments must be submitted. For United Kingdom users please refer to the HSE Website for information http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/ For USA readers information is available at http://www.osha.gov/
All works will be supervised by Mr. I. Boss, trained to supervisor level, with 20 years of experience. Should Mr. Boss be unavailable during the work, a suitably trained and qualified person will be appointed to supervise the works.
The installation teams have all received training in manual handling and use of power tools. All installation staff will have served a recognized apprenticeship.
Plant /Tools/ Equipment:
Table mounted circular saw.
Table mounted tile saw.
Large steel waste skip.
1. The installation team will carry out a full inspection of the work area.
2. The door into the living room will be kept closed, to avoid dust egress into the client’s home.
3. The waste skip will be delivered and placed in a suitable location and will be off street within the clients parking area.
4. The Certified Electrician and Gas Fitter will disconnect and remove the old stove.
5. The water will be turned off at the stop tap.
6. The old kitchen units and tiles will be removed and placed securely into the waste skip.
7. The new units will be delivered and partially assembled in the client’s rear yard.
8. The new electrical outlet and new gas connection will be installed by trained and certified staff.
9. The new units will be installed as per the client’s specification.
10. The new floor and wall tiles will be laid, and grouted after a suitable period.
11. The Certified Electrician and Gas Fitter will install and connect the new stove and appliances.
12. The work area will be cleaned, and all waste removed from all work areas.
13. A proprietary net will be placed and secured onto the waste skip for safe transportation of the waste.