This example Method statement shows the basic requirements for a method statement for installing drainage.
Installation, and connection of new 100mm drainage pipes to existing surface and foul manholes
A site somewhere.
(Add Programmed start and end for this phase of works)
Welfare and First Aid:
Add details, you must mention toilets and drinking water, First Aiders and First Aid Box
- Banksman Present during works
- No un-authorized persons allowed on site during excavations
- Area Inspected before works commence daily, and at suitable intervals during the day.
- Excavations fenced off and end of the day.
- Excavated material to be kept a minimum of 1.5m away from excavation.
- Warning signs
- PPE to be worn at all times.
Health, Safety and Environmental Assessments:
N/A Ground Investigation Clear (assumes trials holes and local authority drawings checked)
Add CSCS details or required competence in your country.
Add all Labour for this phase
Plant / Equipment:
13 Ton tracked Excavator
3 Ton Forward Tipping Dumper
Drag Box and manhole box.
Surveying Equipment/Pipe laser.
- The new drain positions will be set out by competent person.
- Levels of existing connection points will be checked (if required)
- A trench will be excavated alone the line of the new pipe, level control by pipe laser or manual level.
- Access into the excavation and pipe joining only within the drag box (no persons allowed in trench when drag box is pulled to next location.
- Pipes will be installed as per the design specification for example ( concrete surround and back-filling with as dug material).
- Air testing will be carried out prior to back-filling to ensure pipes are installed correctly and sealed in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
- New manholes will be constructed where required, and steps will be taken to avoid any disruption of existing flows if connections are made to existing services.
- As built information including location and invert/cover levels recorded.
A mobile phone will be available at all times to summon emergency services, the site supervision staff will be advised of the nearest hospital. A First aid box, with eyewash liquid will be kept on site.
This method statement will be the subject of a toolbox talk given to all personnel involved with the work activity.
The full 3 Page Method Statement on our easy to use template is available HERE
For Building and Construction Related Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safety Policies and Manuals Visit our dedicated store HERE