This is a basic example method statement for a painting project where airless spraying and brush work will be used. (Full method statement, Risk Assessments and COSHH Available HERE)
On arrival at work site:-
Site Induction and toolbox talk (This Method statement) confirmation of fire assembly points and warning sounds.
The General safe work method for this Project is as follows:-
- Preparation of hallways windows and doors.
- Ventilation setup via windows, use of plastic film and tape as protection.
- Warning signs setup where required.
- Airless spraying of the walls and ceilings will be carried out using super matt as first coat and Diamond matt as second coat. Respirator mask and full PPE will be worn at all times and the spray gun will have a safety guard.
- All woodwork will be caulked, filled and sanded where required; this includes doors, skirting boards and architraves.
- All woodwork will be painted by brush.
- Where Scaffold Tower is to be used only trained and certified persons may erect the tower. Edge protection is to be used on the tower platforms as well as a suitable fall arrest system.
- Area Inspected before works commence daily, and at suitable intervals during the day.
- Any work on ladders/Tower scaffold to be planned, floors to be level and dry.
- Scaffolding system to be checked before use.
- PPE to be worn at all times. (personal protective equipment) Gloves, face masks etc.
- All areas to be kept clean and tidy at all times to reduce tripping and slipping.
All waste to be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.